Drinking tea has become a healthy beverage choice for most people. This is the reason why every morning is not really complete without sipping a cup of warm tea. Green, black and white tea are made from the shrub Camellia sinensis. Green tea has gone through the least oxidation while black tea is the most oxidized among the three. Thus, black tea has a stronger flavor.
Whether you choose all these 3 types or just pick one of them, it’s necessary for you to know that tea has health-promoting properties. And every time that you want to grab a cup of coffee, you will have second thoughts and might just end up sipping a warm tea.
1. Primarily, tea is an antioxidant. It can protect your body from pollution’s unsafe effects. Also, it is effective in preventing or delaying cell damages.
2. For a healthy heart, take note that tea reduces heart attack and stroke. Undesirable blood lumps formed from lipids and blood platelets will bring heart attack and stroke. When you drink tea, your blood vessels will become smooth and becomes clog-free; this is the same scenario when you drain your lavatory pipes clear.
3. Another benefit that will really convince you to take tea is that it boosts your immune system. Drinking tea will help your body in fighting infections.
4. Tea can defend you from tumor growth. Great thanks to polyphenols that is found in tea, a powerful phytonutrient that has cancer-fighting effects.
5. It helps you from being hydrated. Who said that caffeinated drinks are not useful for our body’s daily fluid requirements? Although caffeine is considered water pills, it still helps in the overall fluid needs of our body. Just keep in mind not to drink more than 6 cups or more of any caffeinated drinks in one time.
6. Tea helps in bone protection. Research found out that those non-drinkers have lower bone density while tea drinkers have stronger bones after 10 years of drinking. This is because of the useful phytochemicals found in teas.
7. Tea is calorie-free beverage. This is good news for those who need to lose pounds. It is better not to add sweeteners or milk to you tea to get the most health benefits out of it.
8. Tea is perfect in increasing your metabolism. When we grow older, our metabolism rate becomes slower than we were younger. Green tea is proven to be effective in increasing metabolism and 5 cups a day will help in burning 70 additional calories.
With these health benefits of tea, there is no valid reason why you should not sip a warm tea.